Thursday, September 30, 2010

I have to tell you all of my childhood dreams that came true last weekend...

Since I was little, I always wanted to have my wedding reception in my parent's back yard. I always wanted a jazz band to play, I always wanted  my family members to sing and I always wanted to dance with my husband while my Dad sang to me!
I also wanted twinkly lights everywhere, good food and to be surrounded by the people I loved. Oh, the list of things I wanted just goes on and on, but the point I'm trying to make is that pretty much, a girl's silly imagination for what she wanted at her "wedding" came true for me last weekend. And even though I never thought I cared much for the colors, or the decorations at my reception, I did care that it had a good feel to it; a warm environment where family and loved ones would want to hang out and enjoy company and the atmosphere. From the spiritual sealing, to the heartfelt toasts at the luncheon, to the enchantment at the reception. It had an old-fashioned feel. This is what I felt the entire day was like. A warm, loving, happy environment. I hope you felt it too.:)

1 comment:

  1. It was pretty awesome! Call me when you are out of honeymoon hibernation! We'll get a sitter and double.

    --Julie

    ReplyDelete